Crescent Cookies (Kue Putri Salju)
These cookies are kinda similar to danish wedding cookies, but in Indonesia people usually make this during the holidays. The kind of margarine we use is also different than the kind they have here.
250 gram “Blue Band” Margarine
2 sticks butter
4 eggs yolk
1 egg white
5 tbs powdered milk (I used coffee creamer)
3 tbs corn starch
About 500 gr flour
– Mix margarine, butter and eggs until well blended by using mixer (low speed) for about 30 seconds only.
– With wooden spoon, stir in powdered milk/creamer and corn starch.
– Stir in flour slowly until the dough is hard enough to shape.
– Shape into small crescents, place on an ungreased cooking sheet.
– Bake for about 15-20 mins, 350 F.
– Let it cool for 30 mins.
– Gently roll in powdered sugar until evenly coated.