Please notice that it takes 3-4 hours to marinade the beef. Because when I made this dish I didn’t look through the directions completely lol. So we ended up having supper late :”>.
1 pound sirloin steak
2 tbs sesame seeds
1 tbs sesame oil
2 tbs vegetable oil
1/4 cup corn
1 large green bell pepper, seeded and cut into strips
4 scallions, chopped diagonally
boiled rice, to serve
For the marinade:
2 teaspoons cornstarch
2 tablespoons Chinese rice wine or dry sherry
1 tablespoon lemon juice
1 tablespoon soy sauce
few drops of Tabasco sauce
1-inch piece fresh ginger, grated
1 garlic clove, crushed
1. Trim the steak and cut into thin strips about 1/2 x 2 inch
2. Make the marinade. In a bowl, blend the cornstarch with the rice wine or dry sherry, then stir in the lemon juice, soy sauce, Tabasco sauce, ginger and garlic. Stir in the steak strips, cover and leave in a cool place for 3-4 hours.
3. Place the sesame seeds in a wok or large frying pan and dry-fry over moderate heat, shaking the pan, until the seeds are golden. Set aside.
4. Heat the sesame and vegetable oils in the wok or frying pan. Drain the steak, reserving the marinade, and stir fry a few pieces at a time until browned. Remove with a slotted spoon.
5. Add corn and green bell pepper and stir fry for 2-3 mins. Add the scallions and cook for 1 min more.
6. Return the steak to the work or frying pan, together with the reserved marinade, and stir over a moderate heat for a further 2 minutes, or until the ingredients are evenly coated with glaze.
Sprinkle the sesame seeds on top and serve immediately with boiled rice.