Chicken and Rice Casserole
Last Christmas, my Mother in-law gave me a year subscription to “Cooking with Paula Deen magazine” cause she knew I loveee Paula Deen. Here’s one of the recipes I found in her magazine that I really like:
3 cups chopped cooked chicken
2 cups cooked wild rice (I added 1/2 more cup)
2 (10.75 oz) cans cream of mushroom soup (I misread this and only used 1 can, it still turned out great!)
1 1/2 cups chopped celery
1 1/2 cups chopped onion
1 cup mayonnaise
3/4 cups sliced almonds (I didn’t use almonds cause my husband doesn’t like it)
1/2 cup chicken broth
2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
1 sleeve round buttery crackers, crushed
1/4 cup butter, melted
– Preheat oven to 350 F, lightly grease a 9 x 13-inch baking dish.
– In a large bowl, combine chicken, rice, cream of mushroom soup, celery, onion, mayonnaise, almonds, broth and lemon juice.
– Spread mixture into prepared baking dish.
– In a small bowl, combine cracker crumbs and butter, tossing gently to coat.
– Sprinkle cracker crumbs over casserole.
– Bake for 45 minutes, or until golden brown and bubbly
Note: This casserole can be covered and chilled overnight. Be sure to let it come to room temperature before baking.