Reilly’s Potatoes & Vegetables Casserole
It’s been quite a challenge to feed my son lately as he has become more picky. Beside grilled cheese sandwich, this casserole is also one of his favorites:
– 4 medium size Potatoes
– Chicken, cooked and cut into cubes (or anykind of meat you like)
– 1/4 cup Carrots
– 1/4 cup Brocolli
– 1/4 cup Green beans
– Pinch of nutmeg
– 1 tbs butter
– Corn flakes, crushed
– Parmessan Cheese
– Water to boil potatoes
1. Steam vegetables until soft and cooked, and then cut into small pieces.
2. To make the mashed potatoes: in a medium saucepan boil potatoes with enough water until potatoes are tender. Drain. Mash potatoes with potato masher or fork. Add butter and stir until butter is melted. Season with salt, paper and nutmeg.
3.Add vegetables and chicken into mashed potatoes mixture, mix well.
4. Add cheddar cheese.
5. Move mixture into a lightly greased casserole dish.
6. Sprinkle corn flakes and parmessan cheese on top.
7. Bake for 15-20 minutes, 300 F.