White Fried Rice
Sometimes I like my fried rice plain white without ketchup or soy sauce. This reminds me of my uncle who died when I was 13. I remember one day he made white fried rice for my birthday because I requested it. He never cooked for party before but he did that just for my birthday 🙂
– 2 plates of steamed rice, cooled.
– 5 shalots, chopped
– 1 tsp minced garlic
– 2-3 eggs, beaten.
– 1 cup of any kind of meat you like (shrimp/chicken/ham), diced.
– 2 tablespoon vegetable oil or margarine
– 1/4 cup frozen corn
– 1/4 cup frozen peas
– 5 scallions, chopped.
– Salt & Pepper
– Beef bouillon
– Fried shallots to garnish.
– Heat oil in a frying pan.
– Add garlic and shallots.
– Add meat and stir fry until cooked.
– Add eggs.
– Add rice, salt, pepper and beef bouillon and toss well.
– Add corn, frozen peas and scallions and mix well.
– Remove from frying pan. Add fried shallots to garnish.
Serve with hot chili sauce and crackers/kerupuk.