Cracked Sugar Cookies
I felt kinda guilty cause I had not made any cookies for Christmas this year. I don’t know why, to me there’s something missing if I don’t bake cookies for Christmas. So finally today I looked for some simple cookie recipes online and I decided to try this based on the good reviews. It turned out perfect! I will definitely make this again 🙂
* 1 1/4 cups white sugar
* 1 cup butter
* 3 egg yolks
* 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
* 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
* 1 teaspoon baking soda
* 1/2 teaspoon cream of tartar
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (180 degrees C). Lightly grease 2 cookie sheets.
2. Cream together sugar and butter. Beat in egg yolks and vanilla.
3. Add flour, baking soda, and cream of tartar. Stir.
4. Form dough into walnut size balls and place 2 inches apart on cookie sheet. Don’t flatten. Bake 10 to 11 minutes, until tops are cracked and just turning color.
This entry was posted on January 9, 2009 at 10:44 pm and is filed under Christmas, Cookies. You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.